Monday, January 23, 2012

Living in Fiji

I took this picture on the other side of the property of where we are living.

Tiny island out in front of the water.
This is me.


Drawing of a palm tree I did.
I don't have a really good proper picture of the house yet so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little bit more. However, this will give an idea of what everything feels like. This is an old coconut plantation where we live so whenever we do yard work (mowing, picking up coconuts, etc.) we have to where a helmet. There  aren't too many palm trees close to the house though so we don't have to worry around there. There are pretty much all the same things we have back home, like a television and hot water. We have a refrigerator and a pool. We do have internet although its dial-up. So only my dad's computer works there. When I want to use mine I have to wait till we go to town. Thats okay though, because when I'am at home I get to play with my old Fijian friend Mark who I've known since 2005. It's about a 45 minute drive to town with edleast 30 minutes being on a bumpy dirt road. That get's old pretty fast. Also there is a lack of options of things to buy unlike I am used to in America. I won't get into all that. Overall though, it's pretty suite here. I have ALOT more time to draw then I had before so I'm happy. Anyway, that's life in Fiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment